Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Hall - Beauty & Fashion

I've been doing quite a bit of shopping lately, getting into the fall spirit. 

Ulta is having a 40% off sale on NYX cosmetics.  In addition, I printed off a $3.50 off $10 coupon online and had $3.00 in rewards to use.  So I ended up getting about $40 worth of make up for around $13.  Not a bad day.


I purchased 2 of the powder blushes in Desert Rose (right) and Dusty Rose (left).  Desert Rose is a beautiful deep rose shade with a bit of an orange undertone. The photos here do not do it justice.  Dusty Rose is just a very light, natural pink with a slight plum undertone. 


I also got two lip glosses - a Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sponge Cake (left), which is an amazing, sparkly, neutral color.  Not nude, but it's a color that would go with anything.  I love it.  The second gloss is an Xtreme Lip Creme in Nude Peach Fuzz (right).  I feel like it is a little more pink that I was looking for, so I may exchange it for something different.






To conclude my NYX makeup haul, I got two of the Round Lipsticks - one in B52 (right), which is a lovely  mauve-ish color, and one in Violet Ray (left), a nice, dark plum.  So far, I really like these - the colors are great and they have a nice texture.






I picked up a few new things at Banana Republic when they were having a 40% off sale.  I love me some sales.  I got an elbow patch sweater, a striped sweater with buttons in the back, a semi-casual shirt, an awesome pair of dark, dark skinny jeans & 2 pairs of tights.  I love wearing tights with skirts and boots in the winter, and these patterns are adorable.



I LOVE these new nail polishes from Sinful Colors (my favorite drugstore brand).  I got these from Walgreen's for $1 each (normally $2).  None of the four have shimmer at all and are pretty, muted fall colors.  In addition to the colors here, I also purchased NYC's Matte Me Crazy! Mattifying Top Coat.  
Left to Right:  Nirvana (taupe brown), Rainstorm (dark, not navy, blue) & Slate (medium grey), & Vacation Time (pink-y mauve)
I like to dye my hair a little darker in the fall since it is normally lighter from the sun in summer.  I've purchased L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color in Dark Brown.  I'll post a review once I've used it.

Finally, I got two products from the Not Your Mother's hair line - Beach Babe texturizing sea salt spray and the Beat the Heat thermal styling shield spray.  I only wash my hair every 5-7 days, and you really can't get away with going that long between washes unless you use a minimal amount of products.  So between my not wanting to use a lot of products and the fact that I only use heat on my hair once, maybe twice a week, I've not used a heat protectant.  But I recently got a haircut, and I'd like to minimize the possibility of split ends, so I'm willing to give it a try.  What I actually went in to buy was the Beach Babe spray - I read somewhere that it was a really great for curls (I have naturally curly hair).  So far, I love it.  It adds a lot of texture and smells amazing!!  Each product was $5.99 each (and buy one get one 50% off at Ulta) - very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment