Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Recipe: Greek Style Chicken Pasta

So I know this isn't makeup related, but I wanted to post one of my favorite recipes.  This is something my husband originally made for me, so I have no idea where he got the recipe (we've kind of modified it over the years anyways).  This is seriously one of our favorite meals and, unlike our other favorites, it truly takes about 30 minutes to make, start to finish.  It's also a great meal for two as we can pretty much finish this with no leftovers.  I also normally have enough of the ingredients left to make this another time (the sun-dried tomatoes normally last through several times).  If you need to make this for more than 2-3 people, just adjust the recipe slightly.
Ingredients:
  • Thin-cut chicken breast strips 
  • Olive oil
  • Minced garlic
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Sun dried tomatoes (sliced julienne)
  • Feta cheese
  • Heavy whipping cream
  • Fettuccine
  • Seasoning (salt and pepper are fine)

1)  Prepare fettuccine per directions on box.  I just like to go ahead and start this now so that the noodles are done by the time I need them.  
2)  Heat olive oil (a few tablespoons) in a pan while you season chicken breasts.  My favorite seasoning for everything is Camp Mix - I purchase it at a specialty meat store here in town, but I'm sure you can get it elsewhere.  I just love it because it basically has every ingredient I would use to season most things combined into one bottle.  I use it all the time.  But use whatever you have - salt & pepper will do just fine.

3) Cook chicken in pan until thoroughly cooked and golden brown.  About 8-10 minutes.  I normally just buy chicken strips from Bi-Lo since they are always on sale, but you can just slice 1-2 chicken breasts yourself.  I use a little under a pound of chicken for this.
4) When the chicken is cooked, I like to cut it into smaller pieces.  Then add a tablespoon of minced garlic, artichokes and a small handful of sun-dried tomatoes.  For the artichokes, I usually use all of a small jar/can (7-8 oz) or half of a larger jar/car.  Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
5) Add about a cup of heavy cream and 1/2 a cup of feta cheese.  Let this boil, then simmer for about 3 minutes, the add more cream and cheese to taste.  I normally end up using around 1 1/2 cups of cream and 3/4 cups of feta cheese at this point.

6) Add cooked and drained pasta to the pan.  Mix until sauce covers all of the pasta and chicken is dispersed evenly.  Add about 1/4 cup of feta cheese right before serving.
7) Enjoy!  I like to slice up some french bread and throw it in the broiler with some butter for a minute or two, but that's up to you.  A quick and delicious meal for two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment